|Project||Churchill College, Madingley Road, Cambridge|
|Main Contractor:||SDC Builders Limited|
|The Client:||Churchill University College|
|Flexwood||Bespoke window supplier to SDC|
- Flexwood Joinery was approached by 6A Architects at the design stages to assist in the developing of a bespoke window system to meet the ultra high performance specification of this build.
- We worked closely with the team at 6A to design a window that would not only suit the aesthetic requirement the architects envisioned, but also deliver the performance.
- After the successful production of a prototype we were nominated as the preferred contractor for the window package and eventually secured this contract with SDC Builders.
- The project consisted of some 144 large format solid oak windows in triple glazing, achieving an overall window u-value of <0.8W/m2K.
- The project was successfully delivery on time and within the budget set.
- We are very proud of our achievements on this project and look forward to working with the teams in the near future.