Aluminium clad timber windows & doors
A stunning example of a 21st century product! This window is essentially our high performance factory finished timber casement windows and doors clad in PPC (Polyester Powder Coated) aluminium, combining the highly effective insulating benefits of wood with the all‐weather benefits of aluminium. It’s a convincing combination that saves money and lasts a lifetime. The benefits of this arrangement are numerous, making it the product of choice for architects, designers, developers and homeowners alike.
Composite Window and Door Benefits
• Internally only the “soft” lines, warmth and ambience of the timber are visible, retaining that homely feel.
• The timber is available in a range of painted colours, or selected hardwoods to compliment the
internal design package. (Please refer to the “finishing and colours” section)
• Timber offers a high level of thermal efficiency (Typically 1.6W/m2K or less for the whole window
assembly depending on glazing options), resulting in a reduced carbon footprint and energy bills, and has excellent acoustic properties adding to the comfort of the occupants.
• The timber is environmentally friendly FSC/Rainforest Alliance certified, helping you do your bit for the environment.
• The aluminium cladding is fixed to the external face of the timber using specialised clips, no
adhesives detrimental to the environment are used.
• The aluminium surface is extremely durable and able to withstand whatever the elements throw at it.
• Aluminium is easy to maintain with very low associated costs – a wipe with a damp cloth externally is all that is required to clean it. This will soon outweigh the initial higher cost over the product life cycle.
• The air (ventilation) gap between the timber and the aluminium allows for the timber to breathe
thus keeping it stable and prolonging its life.
• There are up to four draught seals incorporated into the frame, ensuring a superb seal and improved insulation values.
• Various opening options are available:
- Casements ‐ Fixed, open in, open out, tilt & turn, reversible. Please refer to the “Timber
Casement Windows” section for more information.
- Doors ‐ Hinged open in/out, Bi‐fold up to 10 doors, Sliding up to 15 meter wide
• The composite products are suitable for an array of markets – residential, commercial, hotels,
healthcare, and many more.
• Should the product ever be removed the materials can be separated easily in order to recycle both the aluminium and timber elements.
Composite Framing Options
Timber window hardware